My weekly off-season musings about the White Sox and more…
* With the White Sox out of the playoffs, “Sox-wise” it’s really very boring these days. Other teams are competing and not a lot of Sox news. Anxious for the post-World Series rumors and deals.
* One bit of promising Sox news is that yesterday, in an Arizona Fall League game, Sox prospect Dayan Viciedo went 3 for 5 with a homer.
* If you’re like me, you get annoyed when TV shows and movies set in Chicago try to show the flavor of the town by having the actors wear Cubs gear. It happened this week on the CBS series, The Good Wife, when one of the lead characters donned a Cubs cap. Not sure if I’ll watch another episode–yes, for that reason.
* I’m waiting for a Hollywood ending where Jim Thome comes off the bench and hits a championship series-ending homer for the Dodgers against his former Phillie teammates to enable LA to reach the World Series.
* The best news for TV viewers watching Yankees-Angels is that Chip Caray is broadcasting the National League series.
* I’m sticking with the Yankees in the ALCS, but not with a lot of enthusiasm. Those Angels can be piranhas on steroids.
* Maybe it’s because I’ve seen him consistently kill the Sox, but I always thought that Raul Ibanez would look great in a Sox uniform.
* While we’re on the subject of wanting players, I want Chone Figgins on the South Side next season.
* The more I think about it, the more I think Paul Konerko will be traded this winter. He’ll never be forgotten and has always been a pro’s pro, but I get the vibe it’s just time.
* Get well wishes to Carlos Quentin, who we need to have a HUGE 2010. Just had a pin removed from his injured wrist.