White Sox communications guru Scott Reifert has asked Sox fans, through Twitter, to weigh in on their Top 10 moments of the decade. Here are my my picks. I really had no other choice but to list seven of the 10 from the 2005 postseason.
10. Dewayne Wise‘s spectacular catch to save Mark Buehrle‘s perfect game in July of
9. Buehrle’s perfect game.
8. Jim Thome‘s home run and John Danks‘ gem against the Twins in Game 163
to help the Sox clinch the 2008 A.L. Central crown.
7. El Duque Hernandez retired the side with the bases loaded and no outs in the
sixth and pitched three scoreless innings in all in the deciding game of the ’05
American League Division Series.
6. Joe Crede’s two-out ninth inning double to left field in Game 2 of the ’05 American
League Championship Series that scored Pablo Ozuna to give the Sox a 2-1
victory to tie the Series at one. It capped off a miracle inning that started with
A.J. Pierzynski‘s now-legendary sprint to first base on a dropped third
5. Paul Konerko‘s thrilling grand slam in Game 2 of the ’05 Series to put the Sox
4. Scott Podsednik‘s unimaginable game-winning homer off of Brad Lidge in the
ninth inning of Game 2 to put the Sox up 2-0 in the ’05 Series.
3. Geoff Blum‘s line drive homer in the 14th inning of the longest Series game ever
played broke a 5-5 tie. The Sox scored another and took a commanding 3-0 game
lead in the ’05 Series.
2. Jermaine Dye, the eventual ’05 Series MVP, singled up the middle to score Willie
Harris with the lone run in Game 4 of the Fall Classic.
1. Orlando Palmiero swings…past Jenks…Uribe has it…throws to Konerko…
Out, Out, the White Sox win the World Series!!
What do you think? How do your lists compare?