* I was sure we were going to sweep the Twins. After last night’s stellar victory, I thought the momentum would carry us through. No such luck. It was back to normal for the 2010 yo-yo White Sox.
* I’m worried about Carlos Quentin. Wonder if he’ll ever return to his 2008 form.
* I’m wondering if Gordon Beckham needs to regroup in Charlotte. This would have been unheard of late last summer, but maybe it would be for the best.
* I think there needs to be some changes made–yes, just for the sake of change. How about inserting some young blood to the roster in the persons of Tyler Flowers and Jordan Danks? Sources have also indicated that Kenny Williams is shopping for a bat. The bottom line is that the inconsistency of this offense has been maddening.
* After witnessing the Twins’ hot start, I don’t know if we can ever catch them even if we go on a big run. They’re good and we have a long way to go. And I haven’t even mentioned the Tigers.
* Thank goodness for Alex Rios. I declared before the season that we needed Quentin and Rios to deliver. One of two hasn’t been close to enough.
* It’s hard to believe that Mark Teahen is going to live up to the expectations of the Sox brass. He’s been better, but nowhere near what we hoped he’d be.
After a day off, the Sox travel to KC for a weekend series. No predictions from me, I’m through trying to figure out this team.
Flowers: Is it time for a one-way ticket to Chicago?